Monday 18 July 2011

Carthaginian Citizen Levy

I had originally bought Hat's African Infantry set for the heavy troops in that set. I never really liked the Punic Citizen troops in the set, mainly down to the pose. However after replacing my plastics with metals I never thought I would use the African set in this way; bending the pose from running to a more advancing pose and swapping heads with the heavy spearmen in the same set. I ended up spending far too much time on these the wash didn't go to plan and i ended up repainting their tunics. I may do another unit in red with white shields with the same head swap at some point.










6 comments:

  1. Very nice painted figures!

    Greetings
    Peter
    http://peterscave.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. very nice work and great blog !!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good work on these Hat figures and good to see you blogging again!

    Matt

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job. Very good idea.

    Cheers,

    Nick

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for the kind comments. I aim to keep a regular blog which should be slightly easier now that I finished uni. Here's hoping anyway.

    ReplyDelete