This poor unit of Napoleonic Austrian infantry was rebased for the third and final time, roughly the same time as the Landwehr. I was at that point still not happy with my photography, but since then I have managed to get some good photos of the unit. The combination of discovering the HDR function on my camera phone and the built in editor has given me a boost on the photography aspect of the blog. I felt it was worth a third post on this particular unit to show both the basing and photographic improvements. Also because I have had my hands full I wanted to post something on here and money for old rope is the order of the day.
I have been wanting a game of Lost Battles Trebia scenario for some time now but I'm not sure when the opportunity will present itself. However I have been slowly working here and there on the painting side of the hobby. I have just finished the Elymian levy light infantry and I have been wanting to spruce up a few Carthaginian horsemen that need rebased which are just about there.
Once these are done I have an ambitious list of all Newline Designs 20mm units to get through and I would like to prep them on an industrial scale. The following list will all need mould lines checked and scraped off and all except the Napoleonics will be painted in roughly the same manner that is base sprayed with Barbarian Flesh:
- Few Austrian grenzers samples.
- 4 bases (at least) unarmoured Etruscans. These will be used as levy light infantry featuring both new and old sculpts for that code.
- 4 bases (at least) Greek javelinmen. Features a new pose recently added to the code.
- 2 bases of Numidian light infantry (Zama).
- 4 bases of Velites tunics and helmets with Gallic shields as generic heavy infantry or Ligurians (Zama).
- 4 bases Carthaginian or Libyan levy spearmen. (Zama).
Once they are at the base coated stage I will hopefully crack through them a unit at a time. Once they are all done I will only need to do one more African elephant for Zama to have the opposing armies finished. Once the units for Zama are complete I will try to focus back on Magnesia.