Sunday, 30 August 2015

Austrians Rebased

This is more of an update of an older post. After looking into various rulesets from various eras I have come to prefer one base equals one unit sets. After a bit of experimentation I found that a 60mm square base suits my tastes. Also had a quick going over and highlighted them as with my older paint jobs I left them after a Delvan Mud wash, which I think was too dark looking at a distance.

I also updated the flag. I ordered some flags from ebay seller 'Flagsandpatches172', they are printed on sticky paper and just need cut out and stuck on. I found that the Newline Austrian colour bearer's staff was a bit short originally I used a cavalry flag but decided to change to a larger flag. I snipped the old flag off chopped the pole and put a section off a metal spear to artificially increase the length.

The basing was winged. It was initially just the green scatter grass but felt that was a bit bland. Then I squished some grey stones to try and break the grass up, still not happy with that I added some light straw coloured grass. I'm still not sure about the basing but just left it at that.