Tuesday 12 January 2021

Tallarn Desert Raiders


Taking a bit of a break from the Ancient Mediterranean and took a nostalgic trip to the Dark Millennium of Warhammer 40,000 with these classic Imperial Guard Tallarn Desert Raiders or Astra Militarum as they go by now.

I enjoyed experimenting with colours and I'll post my colours in a seperate post so I don't forget when I pick the project back up. It was also my first attempt at object source lighting (OSL) technique for the plasma gun glow which youtube provided tutorials for.

I may slowly expand this Tallarn army but I am back to painting ancients for now attempting to clear the backlog of Thracians and a couple of cavalry units. Also have some part rebased units to finish too!



3 comments:

  1. Very nice, Tony. Imperial Guard were also a favourite of mine, although I never got round to collecting them back when I played (2nd ed). It's always nice to take a break from the historicals and do a bit of fantasy/sci-fi. I dip into my old 4th ed Warhammer fantasy battles collection nice and then, when the nostalgia builds.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Kevin! Nice to have a change and I'm fired up almost finished 12 Thracians, also ended up with a Heroquest figure to paint for a friend with a view to do more.

      Delete
    2. Excellent - looking forward to seeing those Thracians!

      Delete