Sunday 7 March 2021

Heroquest quest: Orcs


A friend asked me to paint up his Heroquest pieces from the classic MB and Citadel boxed game from the 90s. So far I have done these 10 and a previous test figure. I was going to get some better snaps for here but my wife took them over before I had a chance! So these hasty just finished and WIP shots will have to do.

They were pretty straight forward to paint up, nice chunky sculpts, in a mono pose and I kept the schemes simple. I'm not sure what I've gotten myself into here there is an unknown number of figures coming my way but this quest will be a sidequest I need to keep up the tempo with the rebase and Magnesia. But all will have to wait bar a few part way done units until after the move if all goes well.

In the mean time I might continue the update to the blog appearance. I'm pleased with the refresh so far a bit more colourful and the Nile mosaic of Palestrina background represents the main thrust of the blog's primary project. I mainly want to update the header next and that will probably do for now. 

I would like to post more content but to do that there probably will be more filler posts and musings! It's also dependent on time to write up posts, in the end I'll just sporadically post as usual but hopefully slightly more often. When we get settled I would like to attempt a bit of Vlogging as I would like to contribute to the wargaming content on youtube since I have found that watching youtube has sometimes been easier to follow when I've been too tired to read! Trouble is I would need to get over the grating sound of my own voice on camera and other such hurdles but it would be good to increase the wargames content available. 


5 comments:

  1. zombies, skeletons, mummies, goblins. fimir, chaos warriors. Quiet a good collection

    ReplyDelete
  2. and possiblt Ogres if he has Against the Ogre Horde

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have the feeling he has the lot! I'll find out in due course he was happy with the orcs so more to come!

      Delete
  3. Fantasy figures are rather rare on this blog, they're really nice :) I am curious to see more, if you're planning to paint other creatures.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are indeed Phil :-D there will be more in time but what will be handed over to me to paint will be a surprise! My guess maybe more Orks or Goblins next? Time will tell!

      Delete