Tuesday 15 May 2018

Cretan Archers


Cretan archers from Newline Designs 20mm Ancients range, ready for Magnesia even if the Lost Battles re-fight slowly descends down the 'to do list'. I am not sure whether or not to give them a small shield, but it is something that can easily be added in the future should I feel the need.

Once I got started it didn't take too long to paint. Spraying them with an undercoat of Army Painter Barbarian Flesh gave them a massive head start. Then following my usual technique of blocking in colours, then applying wash then sometimes finished with a highlight in the original colour. Although, the odd item is highlighted with a lighter brighter colour, face and dark items for example. 

I have also pitched to Sean at Newline the idea of producing some 20mm Cretan archers based on these images; image1image2 and image3. These show Cretan archers equipped with helmets and shields and look like they are ready to go toe to toe. I think they would make a cool unit and I would get some for sure! If anyone else would be interested let him know and it may just happen *fingers crossed*.

1/72 Ancients

No comments:

Post a Comment