Sunday 14 April 2019

Macedonian Elephants


The last of the recent batch of elephants from Newline Designs 20mm Ancient Macedon range. Much like the Seleucid elephant, it came as a head, a body in half and a tower. I added some spare shields to the towers which have Veni Vidi Vici 15mm transfers applied. With the elephants done I have now moved onto a unit of Seleucid cataphracts. An old unit that is being 'updated' I am hoping to maintain the impetus on painting units for the Seleucids and Rome's Attalid allies. I may therefore have a big push on cleaning up a few Hellenistic figures and an update of some Thureophoroi. Of course by doing this I am putting a lot of primed light infantry on ice but you've got to paint what you fancy.

One thing that has energised me recently is joining the Newline Designs 20mm Painters Group on facebook. Its been great to see others as enthusiastic (obsessive!) about painting Newline figures as I am. If you are on facebook and a fan of Newline send a request its a great place to see and share pictures and find out info on the ranges from collectors.  

1/72 Ancients

4 comments:

  1. very nice elephant, the drivers are Indian?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yes they are meant to be Indian I wasn't sure about my choice of colours for their skin tone. Attempted to use the WAB Alexander the Great supplement pics as a guide.

      Delete