Sunday 8 April 2018

Numidian Nobles



These miniatures have been sat in a drawer part painted for a few years so I thought I better get them sorted since I was working on Numidians and generals at the minute. They are Newline Designs 20mm Numidian Command from their ancient Numidian range. One is an armoured figure and the other two are unarmoured. They appear to be based on fig. 106 from Duncan Head's Armies of the Macedonian and Punic Wars, 359-146BC. 

Fig. 106 is descibed as a Numidian Prince, but I wanted to use them as generic nobles to bulk out my Numidian horsemen so I tried to subdue the diadem being a symbol of royalty and based them together. The Armoured Numidian will probably go on to represent Masinissa at Zama then hopefully other Numidian kings.  

I have not had much time on the hobby of late, I have rebased some Zvezda Cretan archers from their Greek Hoplite set but wasn't able to do much with their re-highlighting. Also have manged to make a little start with the hoard of Antiochus' light infantry by preparing some Newline Cretan archers. Hopefully I will get somewhere with them this week.

1/72 20mm ancients

No comments:

Post a Comment