Saturday 2 June 2018

Eldar Guardians


I have recently been having a sort out of my miniatures to clear some space for a nursery. Most of my Citadel miniatures have now been put in the loft but I left out the painted ones and took the opportunity to get some snaps.  

These Eldar Guardians were painted about 11 years ago now I believe, I was in the process of collecting, or more like re-collecting, some 40k stuff. I have always loved the miniatures that the Games Workshop sold and at that time decided to get an Eldar army on which I hit on a redesign of the Aspect Warriors and some new vehicles. Anyway I painted up quite a lot of Guardians  (40ish I think), a few Warlocks and a Farseer along with a couple of Banshee squads (I will need to get them photographed too). 

I was big fan of the plastic Guardian set when they were released in the late '90s, the parts allow quite a few different poses between the Guardians and they look cool and are still some of my favorite miniatures. My first collection of 40k stuff I had gathered back then was conveniently disposed of when I left home, hence the requirement to start again in '07. 

I could not however continue to resist the pull of historical miniatures and between Napoleonic and Ancient offerings from Hat along with the glossy release of the Field of Glory army books, which fueled my collecting of Ancients into an obsession. Since then I have barely painted a Citadel miniature but I will keep the eternal hope that I will get around to painting them, even if it is pure fantasy!  

At the time of painting these I had bought a then new army box which included a Codex so I was following the army lists and restrictions. One of the rules that came in was that each squad required a heavy weapon platform, the sprues came with 1 platform and all the weapon options. I made them up with a pin on the base of the weapon and a slot on the platform (or vice-versa) to allow me to change the weapon depending on the required firepower of the day. These rules and codices chop and change all the time so I am not too fussed about 40k rules but it would be great to game with the miniatures one day.

No comments:

Post a Comment