Sunday 30 June 2019

Thureophoroi II


The second unit of Thureophoroi I had been working on using the other pose from Newline Designs 20mm Greek Thureophoroi code. As with the previous post it was an amalgamation of previously unsercoated and brand new casts. Again the newer casts appear to have facial hair and their hands are more open. This allowed the spear to be fitted more upright.

They are lovely sculpts as ever and very useful figures. I have plans to make a unit in open order skirmishing and one equipped with Macedonian bronze peltas at somepoint down the line. 

I have also made an accompanying post on PARADE GROUND WORKSHOP on painting Thureophoroi.

I am currently working on clearing my desk. I have a unit of Greek javelinmen and Etruscans who will be acting as Roman Leves. Although I may not base them untill I "need" them for battle.

1/72 Ancients

6 comments:

  1. Wow! I like these blue tunics even better than the first unit. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you AJ! I do like this shade I may paint my "Romanised" Silvershield in this colour tunic.

      Delete
  2. As AJ said..... the last unit looked right especially with the stripe down the tunic....but the blue on these tunics really
    a great appeal of their own....I’ll call it a tie as for which unit
    I prefer. Nice!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Andrew thank you very much! I am pleased you like them!

      Delete