Wednesday 2 October 2019

Seleucid Compainions


It has been a while since there has been an update on here. One reason is that I have been preparing a lot of miniatures with mass production in mind. Once the figures were cleaned and prepped en mass. I put away my tools and brought out the brushes for the first unit.


I chose these Newline Designs 20mm Seleucid Compainions to do first. They feature one pose for both rider and mount. During the prep I twisted some of their headsto give some variation. Also gave one rider a standard from the Macedon mounted command set and the leader is also from this set but head swapped with a spare Compainion.


This unit is meant to be a royal elite unit so the king has outfitted his troops with the finest cloth, armour and weapons! I have another set of these in the queue but they will be a shielded version of the unit, and may or may not have a uniform scheme.

They are fantastic sculpts, even the masks have eyebrows sculpted on! The intricate detail made them a bit tricky to paint but well worth the effort a welcome addition to my growing Seleucid force.

Next I'm working on some character figures. Antiochus III and Alexander III both 'the Great'!

 1/72 ancient

6 comments:

  1. Very nice, a unit I'd like to find or create in 1/72. Your painting is top as usual.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Phil! The riders are comparable to 1/72 riders though the horses are a bit smaller to their plastic brothers.

      Delete
  2. Splendid stuff. Shading is spot on as are the colors. Love these.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice and the some....been waiting to see more of your stuff....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Have some Parthian Horse Archers to post when I get a chance and I have some Hellenistic infantry near completion.

      Delete