Saturday 11 July 2020

Princepes


Another few figures from Newline Designs 20mm Ancients range. This time its the newest set of Pricepes standing that have been available for some time. Very crisp sculpt and I will have to get a few more to upgrade them to a based unit, along with all the other odd sets I have done during the break from the Magnesia units.

In other news I have tracked down a Galeforce 9 doublesided wargames neoprene mat on ebay so I am hoping to receive that by early August. I also picked up a copy of "To Ur is Human" although to see how it goes with Hellenistic warfare. Like "To the Strongest", which I also need to have a good try with, is gridbased. Of course the gaming side of the hobby is difficult to get done currently so these are long term goals.

I have enjoyed taking a more leisurely approach painting fewer figures at a time. I have some Hastatii standing to paint up next but when I come back to unit sets I might break them down a few figures at a time.

8 comments:

  1. Lovely work Tony. How you paint their faces constantly amazes me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many thanks! It's deceptively simple, basecoat of Tallarn flesh, brown wash and highlight of fairly thinned Elf Flesh on the cheeks, nose chin and upper lip.

      Delete
  2. I agree with mr grant....The faces come out quite nice with a simple process...the sculpting really helps. BTW do like the the shield plain color look....and probably accurate for the time frame.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I find the citadel washes work so well with Newline sculpts. For the plain shields I was insipred by Peter Connolly's artwork and for ease of painting :-D

      Delete