Sunday 27 December 2020

Ancient Generals: rebase

Rebasing continues with Newline personalities and command figures from around the ancient Mediterranean. Being the generals they are based on circular bases this makes them standout more and more pleasing to my eye.

With lots of base not covered by closed ranks it gave me a bit of space to practice and experiment. On top of the painted filler I used various coloured tufts and my new mix of static grass.

There will be more generals to add to the collection eventually including a few head swaps but next I have a bit of a change with Warhammer 40000 Tallarn Desert Raiders.


6 comments:

  1. Your Newline commanders on new basing look terrific, Tony! Rebasing, for me, always reinvigorates a project.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Johnathan! That was one of the many hopes of the rebase mission although doing the heavy infantry is a challenge and why I used to just slap sand on lol.

      Delete
  2. Very nice collection! And they look good with the new bases.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Phil and sorry again your comment wasn't e-mailed through ended up missing it! Its been a nightmare since the spambots invaded my blog and had to set up moderation but I very much appreciate your visits 😀

      Delete
  3. These look excellent, Tony. Really liking your new bases. I'm also a fan of putting command figures on circular bases. I think the contrast between your dark base edge and the lighter sand colour really makes the whole figure stand out.

    ReplyDelete