Monday 14 June 2021

Newline and Hat Indian Elephants Comparison

It has been difficult to get motivated with the hobby over the last couple of months and I have been struggling also to update this page! Bit by bit I am doing some painting and other tasks; made some board game counters for Lost Battles for if I can't get the miniatures out and made a start on some wargames rule writing.

As often I am asked about comparisons and as you can see one of the latest ones was the Newline Elephants, I can only compare these Indian Elephants between Hat and Newline not having the larger Zvezda ones. The Hat ones are slightly larger but I don't think they would be too out of place together on the tabletop. There's not much else to say as the pictures speak for themselves but I did struggle gluing and undercoating the Hat rubbery plastic. 

I've been slowly painting some Newline Maccabean cavalry as Eumenes II's cavalry at Magnesia, not that there is a particular historical look to them just what I will be using them as. Life continues to interrupt the hobby so I will post the various updates on here when I get a chance and hopefully at some point the cavalry will make it on here too!


4 comments:

  1. Your elephants look great, Tony! Good to see you back at the workbench.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Jonathan got quite a few posts to write buliding up! Just having a bit of trouble getting them done. Mostly miscellaneous things rather than new recruits!

      Delete
  2. They all look pretty compatible, as you say. They will make a nice war party!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes they will do fine for me although I am still tempted to get the Newline Elephants I'm missing for the sake of collecting but I certainly have enough elephants for elephant heavy scenarios!

      Delete