Tuesday 6 September 2022

Triarii Rebased

The Triarii are rebased finally, it was a straight up removal and remount for the most part. Both the Newline Designs 20mm Triarii units, standing and kneeling were broken down into average 12 man bases and veteran 6 man bases (see previous posts for further explanation). The average 12 man units were done very quickly but the veteran bases needed a few new figures, which took the form of extra command figures, including a standard bearer given a spear to make him a rank and filer. 

Lots of photos again, the batches were photographed at different times and was initially going to be 2 posts but again blogging has been sidelined unfortunately. When I get a chance I have Napoleonic Austrians, newly finished and a unit based up along with older units just photographed with the new camera and battle mat. Also the Heroquest quest needs a post too which will probably be the next one. Currently painting some scythed chariots (3) I kept putting them off as I'm not a massive fan of painting horses or vehicles, so far proving to be tricky! I think after I clear them I will look at rebasing the light infantry for the  Punic wars, they will need a few additional figures so I will prepare some along with Gauls which are next on the list for new units and rebasing.

Average Legionary Bases




Veteran Legionary Bases



4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Inspired by Impetvs styled basing but my main choice of rules is Lost Battles with no basing standards. Also hoping to trial Strength and Honour at some point.

      Delete